Oliver Flores has worked in a variety of illustration, design and art projects such as editorial illustration, book covers, ad campaigns, logo design and art exhibitions among others.
Oliver graduated with honors from the school of visual arts of the University of Guadalajara in 2001. After that, he spent near eight years working as illustrator, graphic designer and design director in diverse ad agencies and design firms.
His work has been selected for the Society of Illustrators 55 and Spectrum 21, among other publications. Oliver currently lives with his wife and two children in the city of Guadalajara, Mexico.
If you have a project you think I could help you with, I’d love to hear from you.
You can also find me on instagram, flickr and twitter.
· Spectrum 21, 2014
· Premio a! Diseño (a! Design Award), illustration category, 2012
· Society of Illustrators 55. NY, book and exhibit
· Catalog of Ibero-american Illustration, Guadalajara International Book Fair, SM, El Ilustradero, 2012, 2011, 2010
· Catalog of Mexican illustrators for children and young adults by CONACULTA (Council for Culture and the Arts), 2010*
· Featured artist and RockStar recognition at Design by Humans, 2010
· Illustration for the LIBROBUS project by CONACULTA, 2008
· 1st Comic Book Contest "Pancho Madrigal", Entropia studios and University of Guadalajara, 1997 - Best comic award
· La Guía Ticketmaster magazine. May 2013
· Picnic magazine, Ilustracional. August-September 2013
· The October Salon 2013, Ex Convento del Carmen. GDL, Mexico, 2013*
· Nixtamal exhibition by Doodle Plate. Hundred Years Gallery, London, UK, 2013
· Salón de la Ilustración Imagen-Palabra, Bogota, Colombia, 2013, 2012
· 5th Art Exhibition Grupo Reforma-Mural (Newspaper). GDL, Mexico, 2012
· The October Salon 2010, Ex Convento del Carmen. GDL, Mexico, 2010
· Young Fine Arts Salon, Centro de Arte Moderno. GDL, Mexico, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998*
· El Joven Pincel.mx, Goethe Institut, GDL, Mexico, 2000
· Trece Rumbos, Casa Museo Diego Rivera. Guanajuato, Mexico, 2000
· Young Painting and Sculpture Contest, Ministry of Culture. GDL, Mexico, 2000*, 1999, 1998
· Macario, transportable mural painting made in collaboration with Indira Castellón. GDL, Mexico, 1999
* Honorable mention
· En Búsqueda Continua, Centro Cultural Colomos, GDL, Mexico, 1998
· Suplicios, University of Guadalajara, Mexico, 1997
· Dinky Rojo Sangre, Marie-Aude Murail, Castillo, México, 2014
· Las Leyendas de Xico Latinoamérica (collective) - Cristina Pineda, El Ilustradero, Porrúa. Mexico, 2012
· Entendiendo los valores democráticos, Futuros (e)Lectores - Tessie Solinís. IEPC. Mexico, 2012
· Una mañana cualquiera, Futuros (e)Lectores - Tessie Solinís. IEPC. Mexico, 2012
· El Valor de la Justicia - Tribunal Superior de Justicia del DF. Mexico, 2011
· El Regalo de Navidad - Esfera. Mexico, 2008